Fixed Rate Treasury Notes (FXTNs) are medium to long-term negotiable and transferable debt instruments of the National Government issued by the Bureau of Treasury.
With our competitive rates, CTBC BANK can buy/sell your FXTNs to address your investment needs.
Other benefits of investing in FXTNs include the following:
- Generally pay a higher rate of return than time deposits with a similar tenor
- Offer semi-annual interest income throughout the tenor if held until maturity
- Can be redeemed anytime before maturity at prevailing market rates
- A wide range of various tenors are available
- 2 to 25 year tenors
- Sold at par, premium or discount
- Semi-annual coupon payments with face value and last coupon payment redeemed upon maturity
- Minimum investment of PhP100,000
- Subject to 20% withholding tax (for tax-exempt clients, please submit pertinent documents)
- T+1 Settlement
- Broker Customer Information Form
- Broker Agreement
- Client Suitability Assessment / Risk Profile Questionnaire
- Risk Disclosure Statement
- Two (2) Valid Government Issued Identification Cards
- Signature Cards
- Order Ticket
- Corporate Papers
- Secretary's Certificate or Board Resolution
- Articles of Incorporation and By-Laws
- General Information Sheet (GIS)
- Other documents as required by the third party custodian
After securing these requirements, you may start investing in Bonds by following these steps:
- Check the current rate.*
- Subscribe to your selected FXTN in the nearest CTBC BANK branch or contact your Relationship Manager/Account Officer
- Review your FXTN rate regularly to take advantage of possible capital gains or stay invested until it matures.
*Please refer to your Relationship Manager/Account Officer for the latest rate.